неделя, 9 февруари 2014 г.

ITALY. 5/49. Venice

Posted from Netherlands, a postcard depicting the famous festival in Venice and one of the notable buildings in the city.
I hope that the recent restrictions of big cruise ships entering the lagoon would help preventing the city from sinking.. I don't mind cruises, I love them, but I wouldn't visit a place with the full awareness that my entrance to the place damages it almost irreversibly. I'd rather use the old-style of planes or buses or cars... 

Venice and its Lagoon

Founded in the 5th century and spread over 118 small islands, Venice became a major maritime power in the 10th century. The whole city is an extraordinary architectural masterpiece in which even the smallest building contains works by some of the world's greatest artists such as Giorgione, Titian, Tintoretto, Veronese and others.
 

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар